Saturday, January 8, 2011

placing God in the center of my everything.
truth to be told, i used to have my devotion time all messed up.
on and off, on and off again.

but that changed since i came back from vegas after celebrating new years.
i told my friend that, usually my new year resolution would be a long list of super unimportant things like:
losing weight, being this and that, to be more this and that, and stuff like that.
but this year, that no longer exists.

i'm proud to say that i've changed.
because i've changed for the better.
but i'm still in the process of changing to be a better person.
i'm not a totally different person from before, but i'm definitely not the same person.

this year, my one and only new year resolution is:
to have a closer and intimate relationship with God.

i read somewhere in my stack of books that by wanting to achieve that, you need to:
worship Him, praise Him, pray to Him, and just to read His Word.
it is not about you going to church regularly, and to sing along with the band.
it is not about you raising your hands while singing.

reading The Bible is what matters most.
it is something dearly to God.

without Him, i wouldn't be able to go through my resolution this year.
and i am having a wonderful start.

for example, last night.
i entered my bedroom at 230am.
and told myself that i've to sleep by 3am because i've lunch tomorrow and that it's really late.
so, i placed my phone aside, and started reading my daily devotional books - where you have a page of devotions daily, so it's a short one (3 of them), and a worship book, and of course, The Bible.
i started reading and i couldn't stop.
even though i wanted to just stop and sleep.

unaware of the time, i finally stopped and looked at my clock.
it was almost 330am.
yes, an hour is not long enough to read His Word.
but i believe that the duration that i spend reading will get longer each day.

i really love reading my stack of books.
it is something that i told myself that i should have started doing it as a habit long ago.
well, better late than never?

think about it.
is it your time to start too?

No comments: